Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sylvia and Sherwin

  Here are four adorable postcards of two children from Connecticut named Sylvia and Sherwin Epstein in 1922.   I bought fifty of these old photos from a vendor at the flea market today.  They are a wonderful set.  The photos are of several families that are related over a fifty year period from 1880 - 1930's.  Many are marked with the names and others you can tell who they are by seeing previous photos.   I'll be posting many of these over the next few weeks.  I hope you enjoy them as much as my daughter and I.  It is so fun to see this family evolve from the old country to an American family. 

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

what a treasure trove - i wonder if any of the family will recognize them and contact you??

marsha said...

These are absolutely lovely and what a treasure!

Hugs,
Marsha

Sandi McLean said...

Treasure indeed! The little girls slippers and the little boys hat. Oh what stories..

Ana Márquez said...

I love all these pics, specially the last one, it is very funny :-) Thanks for sharing, dear.

Auntie Em said...

Sweet!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Kathy Bradley said...

I wonder what Sylvia and Sherwin were thinking as they were having their pics taken? I used to hate to have my portraits/photos made - they are adorable.

Unknown said...

Hi Cora - Just saw these pictures, they are my relatives! Please email me if you would - my email is mde1163@gmail.com - Thanks - Matt Epstein